We are terribly sorry for not posting regularly in quite some time, but we will get back on that shortly. In the meantime, we have decided to start another book for our sister book club.
Captain Spazzmataz Thoughts:
- P. 26 – That is probably one of the saddest things I have ever read!
- P. 34 – This would be so uncomfortable. Replacing not only a legend, but your mother must be so difficult.
So, I didn’t have much to say about this chapter whilst reading. But I think it is a really interesting premise for a book, and I can easily see it as being a true story.
Super Koala Thoughts:
- p. 17 – and the novel begins with some deep, metaphorical implications.
- p. 23 – I love her mother’s descriptions.
- p. 26 – So much incredible sadness.
- p. 29 – So many dollars! Quite the impressive club.
- p. 33 – I want to learn to play mah jong.
- p. 36 – What terrible family members!
- p. 40 – What an adorably nice surprise!
I really liked this first chapter. I’ve read this book before, but I was a sophomore in high school at the time, and I don’t really remember much besides doing well on the quizzes for it. It’s just written in such a skilled yet simple way, and I’m instantly interested in the lives of the characters. Excellent beginning and set up for the rest of the story.